What we know about Period Poverty in the USA
At a glance some period poverty facts from the US only:
- 500 million people lack access to menstrual products and hygiene facilities.
- 16.9 million people who menstruate in the US are living in poverty.
- Two-thirds of the 16.9 million low-income women in the US could not afford menstrual products in the past year, with a half of this needing to choose between menstrual products and food.
- 14.2 % of college menstruating people in the US had experienced period poverty in the past year.
- 10% of menstruating college students experience this monthly.2
- Tax on menstrual products in the US ranged from 4.7% to 10% in 2019.2
Read more at the original article: