Sisters in Spirit: October 4th is a day when we honour the lives of missing and murdered Indigenous women, girls and gender diverse people, support grieving families, and create opportunities for healing. The violence experienced by Indigenous women, girls and gender diverse people in Canada is a genocide. United, we will demand action on an issue that impacts us all!
In light of COVID-19, this year the Native Women’s Association of Canada (NWAC) will hold a live-streaming Virtual Vigil on October 4, at 2pm. The webcast will be streamed from our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/NWAC.AFAC.
To register as a participating organization/community/group please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the organization/community/group and your mailing address.
October 4th Sisters in Spirit
Other ways you can show your support:
- Light a candle in your home window this evening.
- Change your social media avatar to a commemorative graphic.
- Facebook frame – Go to your profile on the Facebook app and tap “Edit” on your profile picture. Then tap “Add Frame”. Search for “Sisters in Spirit”.
- Use this Sisters in Spirit Vigil image for your Twitter and Instagram profile pics
- Download and print out these heart images and write a message of strength, hope, and memorial to honour and celebrate Indigenous women, girls, and Two Spirit people on it.
After filling out a heart you can create a display of all the messages on a wall or window. Share your heart on social media with the hashtag #SISVigils. Tag us on Twitter at @NWAC_CA and Facebook at Native Women’s Association of Canada.
- Share your photos or videos of your SIS Vigil with us on social media using the hashtags #SISVigils and #MMIWG. Tag us on Twitter at @NWAC_CA and Facebook at Native Women’s Association of Canada. We want to share the impact and support of the SIS Vigil movement.